Day 11 cont.
- The party takes a brief rest in the middle of the Swamp near Shearth.
- Zurgo climbs into the canopy and finds tracks from the Yuan-ti archers who had fled through the trees.
- Nullai joins him as a snake in the canopy, and together they track the Yuan-ti for over an hour; Ardulice and Theodocicles following below, riding Corrine.
- The four adventures find a large stone wall, with a tunnel carved as an entrance.
- The group proceeds into the tunnel, Nullai, as a snake, finds two Yuan-ti guarding a door. The Yuan-ti try to charm the snake, but recognize it is too smart and attack.
- The group fights, one of the Yuan-ti opens the door into a courtyard, where four much more human looking Yuan-ti also attack the group.
- Zurgo is seriously sounded in the fight, but the enemy are largely dispatched. One of the more human ones is kept alive long enough to tell the group of a secret button entrance to the rest of the complex, and that there are a few dozen members of the order. They are trying to gain strength enough that an avatar of Sseth will come and lead them.
- The party burn the bodies on a dais in the courtyard, the blood begins to flow into circles around the alter, but the circles don’t fill up.
- They realize the dais has strong transmutation magic, they try to smash, burn and dispel the alter, but it is much stronger than the party.
- The group decides to sleep in the courtyard before continuing into through the secret door.
- Theodocicles sets up alarms around the courtyard, Ardulice takes first watch.
- Theodocicles wakes when the alarm to the stone tunnel entrance is tripped, and he wakes the rest of the party.
- The first two awake try to hid, and prepare to wait out whatever is beneath them, but when an abomination comes in dragging twelve humanoid bodies, Nullai and Zurgo attack.
- The abomination frightens Zurgo, but is eventually defeated. One of the smaller Yuan-ti with him opens the secret and flees down the passage. Zurgo, no longer afraid, chases him down and slays him before he can reach a zigarat.
- The group goes back to the courtyard, and burns all 15 bodies, though not on the alter this time. The casters, exhausted, hope to get a full nights rest. The four have collected a dozen heads on their first day of hunting.